Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What to do...oh what to do?






Now that I've officially been fired from a job for the first time ever it's finally sinking in. Most of us would be panic stricken but not me....I'm relieve that God has taken it upon himself to give me what I need and what I've wanted for so long. My fulltime daycare family told me on Friday that it would be their child's last day that day. They of course paid me for two weeks like the contract states and gave me a reason that I do not think is the truth (but then again they are the ones that have to live with that lie). While I was panic stricken at first I realized that it was because I wasn't in control of the immediate situation and because it hadn't happened on my terms. You see this family was quite frustrating and rude, thinking only of themselves and very inconsiderate to the rest of us.

I've gotten to be the mom that I've always wanted to be the past two days only having one daycare child in the afternoon (he fits so well it's like having another child of my own). We've taken a trip to the park, played in blankent forts today and tomorrow we're going to run some errands and go to the park again. We've played in our cars and will play in them some more. I'm relaxed when my hubby comes home and we don't fight like we were because of the stress this one little boy caused. I'm the person and the mom that I have always known that I am. I'm journaling more and complaining less, I'm laughing more and eating less, I'm chasing my boys around the house more and procrastinating less....all in all I'm a much happier person which is sometimes hard to believe because I didn't think I was unhappy.

I'm the mom I've always wanted to be but now, what do I do for me? What do I do next?

The joy God has given me through this one act of someone else's is amazingly wonderful!!! I'm the mom I've always known that I could be!!!

1 comment:

Michele said...

Isn't it awesome how God does that... exactly what we need, even when we don't realize we need it! I think it's so awesome that you've seen how He has "fixed" this sitation for you... sometimes takes a long time to let go of the control!
Michele Nelson