Sunday, November 2, 2008

Gabby Goo



While I'm always writing about my boys I never seem to write about my little girl, my second child. Let me explain as you may be wondering....when did I miss the first child and I thought the boys were their first children. Scoot our cat (who does not like her picture taken) was my first child and Gabby (our wonderful Border Collie) is our second child, which technically makes the boys our third and four children.

Now seriously, our Border Collie is a wonderful dog but hard to photograph as she doesn't typically sit still longer enough to get a good picture of her. However, I was able to get a picture of her Friday while the boys where playing ball with her. Many people said we would have to get rid of her when the boys starting moving around because she would herd them and if you know much about Border Collies the first stare, they then nudge and finally the nip at the heels of what they are herding. Mind you they can be relentless in this instict that nees to be honed and fine tuned. We haven't a bit of a problem with her because we took much time with her to teach that humans are NOT things to herd. So her job has become playing ball and frisbee.

It has been so much fun watching her with the boys from the time they were babies first home from the hospital to the present time where they throw the ball for her. She knows which one is which and will take the ball to whomever I tell her to. The giggles the boys let out when she flies towards them to retrieve the balls is a fabulous and wonderfully happy sound that I never get tired of.
Once again, something that we took the time with has paid off. A dog that is NOT suppose to be good with children adores and loves her boys.

No comments: