Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's been way too long since my last post. However, the days and nights have been so filled that I haven't had much time to do anything. So I"m up late and wanting to write.

Last week was a challenging one as I was watching another 2 year old that I thought I would be watching permanently come the end of December. However, due to personality conflicts between him and Will we all decided that it wasn't a good fit. Wow, that was challenging because I really like the family.

Now that we're daycare child free in the mornings the boys and I have started to experience the library and running errands WITHOUT the stroller and they are impressing their mommy so much because they do so well withing hanging onto each others' hands.

Another tidbit; I've been taking a parenting class using the Love and Logic theories and I absolutely love it. It allows us as parents to offer our children many, many choices throughout the day in the plans to get what we want by creating children who are well prepared adults. Along with that I've been reading a book called Bringing Up Boys by Dr. Dobson and it has answered so many questions for me as our little boys are so boy. I have found that it's ok to say "boys will be boys" because they are so different from their counterparts (girls). While the saying doesn't excuse bad behavior it brings to light who to bring those under wraps and to let them think through things; making the consequences the bad guys and us (the parents) the good guys. They always have a choice just like we do as parents. We can treat our children with respect, and encouragement leaving them ready for adult life or we can always protect them, do things for them and make their choices leaving them unprepared for handling life and all it's challenges. Now I ask you: what type of a child would you rather have.

So the next post will probably not be so long and will be done much sooner.

No comments: